Monday, December 19, 2011

Down at The Station


Jeff and I took the girls down to Union Station yesterday afternoon. The first thing I noticed when I stepped in the door was this clock:


It got me reflecting on the movie Hugo that we saw over Thanksgiving weekend. If you haven’t seen this movie, I highly recommend it. The story is enchanting, and it unfolds a powerful message about living out of who you are. Here’s one of my favorite lines:

I’d imagine the whole world was one big machine. Machines never come with any extra parts, you know. They always come with the exact amount they need. So I figured if the entire world was one big machine, I couldn’t be an extra part. I had to be here for some reason. And that means you have to be here for some reason too.

If you have time this Christmas, go see this film. You will be moved by the adventure of two young children, and you just might remember what it is you’re made to do. I could go on but I believe Ben Witherington’s words already do the film justice.

Read the review, see the movie, and then swing by Union Station for one of these:


You'll find it right by the clock!

No comments: