Friday, January 13, 2012

Glory

Kaelyn making pizza on her 4th birthday.


Just before bed last night, Kae held out her Bible toward me and said, “I’m going to talk to Glory in the morning.”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“God. I’m going to talk to God in the morning.” She held up her Bible once again as I smiled and headed off to get Jeff. He prays with the girls and blesses them each night when they climb into bed.

This morning, I wondered if Kae remembered what she said.

After breakfast, I inquired, “Did you talk to Glory this morning?”

“Yep,” she said without hesitation.

“What did you talk about?” I asked.

“I told Him ‘thank you.’”

“For what?” I probed.

“My food.”

“What else did you talk about?”

“The Christmas candy on the counter.”

“Is that because you took some or because you want to?”

“I want to.”

I love that she talks to Glory about what she loves and what she wants. That she offers Him her thanksgivings. I love that she talks to Glory about her temptations and that I can trust Glory to talk back. I love how she holds out her little blue Bible because she knows it’s a valuable connection to God.

Not long after our discussion this morning, Kae brought me her Bible. I opened it to the book of Genesis and told her it means “beginning.” Then she moved off my lap to watch The Land Before Time. Again.

Kae’s still in the early chapters of her own genesis with Glory. I hope He also likes talking about dinosaurs. Something tells me He does.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Awww. This is a sweet one. You need to download Blurb and start uploading your blog to it. I have seen the finished products from the website and they are wonderful. What great family memoirs these blog posts will make. As soon as I get a good enough computer, I'm going to take my own suggestion. : ) Miss you. Love you much.