Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Question


“How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.” –Annie Dillard


“Are you a stay-at-home mom or a working mom?”

Neither. And both.

I am a mom. I work. I write. I care for my home. I listen. I speak. I stand up for my child when she’s being bullied. I create. I go to church. I serve the church. I serve the world. I am a woman. I am a human. I am a child of God. I read. I e-mail. I blog. I text. I brush my girls’ hair. I sing. I (try to) bake. I buy desserts at the store. I dance. I yell. I step out in courage. I do laundry. I wash dishes. I pray. I journal. I open my Bible. I edit lessons. I play. I paint. I tear paper. I hug. I love. I drive. I eat. I (try to) exercise. I lead. I follow. I give. I take. I sit in the carpool lane. I dream. I surrender. I help. I ask for help.

Maybe a better question to ask one another, at all times and in all places, is “How do you spend your days?”

No comments: